Thursday 19 August 2021

Spencer Ackerman's 'Reign of Terror HOW THE 9/11 ERA DESTABILIZED AMERICA AND PRODUCED TRUMP'

McChrystal: ‘Impossible to Argue’ War on Terror Was Worth It

'The Scariest Thing I've Ever Seen In My Life': How The 'Ground Zero Mosque' Meltdown Set The Table For Trump

The White Christian Nationalism Behind the Worst Terrorist Attack in American History

What a stolen motorcycle reveals about America’s failed strategy in Afghanistan



I've been reading The Attackerman  at least since the days of Danger Room at Wired as that is where his byline was a go to for me to read. I'm sure I had read his work before as he was covering beats that I had an interest in but slowly (actually it wasn't THAT slow) and surely I came to regard him as one of the most authoritive journalists writing about American Foreign Policy post 9/11. 

Hardcore? Yes! Spin? No! (Check his Rumsfield Obit)
I followed him over to The Daily Beast after his stint at The Guardian. Now Spencer has a substack and tho at the moment I am on the free list I think it may be time to end my Beast subscription and move it over to Forever Wars.  
Anyway I hope at this very moment my copy of his book is winging its way across the world to me here in Melbourne. I may just be an old disability pensioner with all the poverty that that entails but I tell you my mind is far the richer for reading Spencer over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment