Wednesday 25 August 2021

FUCK! R.I.P. Charlie

Charlie got into smack in the seventies and at one time was revived by Keith 'I fell asleep on the floor [during the recording of] Some Girls and Keith woke me up and said, ‘You should do this when you’re older'. Keith telling me this! But it stuck and I just stopped along with everything else.”
The Keith Richards' dad story... Backstage in 'hospitality' on the Voodoo Lounge tour, KR's dad started tucking into the Champagne whereupon Charlie turned to him: "You want to go easy on that stuff mate, you don't want to end up looking like your son.'
My favourite story tho was when an inebriated Jagger phoned Watts’ hotel room in the middle of the night and asked him, 'Where’s my drummer?'. Allegedly, Watts got up, shaved, donned a suit and tie, put on some freshly shined shoes, descended the hotel’s stairs and punched Jagger in the face, proclaiming: 'Don’t ever call me your drummer again. You’re my fucking singer!' 
I stand by this from a couple of weeks ago
Charlie rerally was the beating heart in the Stones engine room...and consider that he had to stare at Jagger's arse at every Stones gig!

No comments:

Post a Comment