Tuesday 24 August 2021

Luke Cornish (E.L.K.): Uncle Jack 2014)


 E.L.K.

+
Jack and myself  
Uncle Jack lives here at Exile Towers and the video above for Augie March's When I Am Old was actually filmed here the week I moved in at the end of 2017. 
Jack really is a national treasure and has lived such an amazing life, not all good of course. 
Here's a piece on him from last weekend's Age/SMH: 
That piece is written by someone I've known since she was about 14 as when I first came out to Australia we moved to the suburb where her parents have a great menswear store and Jane would sullenly hang around on the pavement outside after school. 
She's done well for herself and I was green with envy when she told me about seeing the reformed Stooges playing Coachella back in 2003. Luckily I did catch both the Ron Asheton and James Williamson lineups when they came out to Melbourne though so that's a 'phew' from me

No comments:

Post a Comment