Monday 23 August 2021

Living Colour VS On-U Sound Mix

 
Tracklist: 
Hemp (ft Andy Fairley) / Visions (Adrian Sherwood Production) / Bless Those (Little Annie cover) / Auslander (Dub Länder Remix by Sherwood and Skip McDonald ft David Harrow's programming) / Choices Mash Up (Cover of Audio Active's Happy Shopper) / These Are Happy Times (Sherwood Production) / Release The Pressure (Sherwood Production with Mark Stewart co-writing credit) / Who Shot Ya? (Adrian Sherwood & Matt Smyth Remix) / Sacred Ground (Sherwood Production with Mark Stewart co-writing credit) / Sunshine of Your Love (Sherwood & McDonald Remix)
+  
When I speak out loud You say I'm crazy
 When I'm feeling proud You say I'm lazy
 I look around and see the true reality 
You like our hair You love our music 
Our culture's large, so you abuse it 
Take time to understand, I'm an equal man 
History's a lie that they teach you in school 
A fraudulent view called the golden rule 
A peaceful land that was born civilized 
Was robbed of its riches, its freedom, its pride 
When I'm at work you say I'm great 
You watch and ponder, but can you relate? 
Inviting eyes hands drop, when the music stops 
Don't ask me why I play this music 
It's my culture, so naturally I use it 
I state my claim to say, it's here for all to play 
It's time for a change 
Concepts rearrange 
Can't you feel my rage... 
It's up to you to seek the truth 
To know your history, the difference between me and you 
Relate to me as me, not what you see on TV
   
Always had a lot of time for Living Colour I have to say with Muzz Skillings or Doug Wimbish on bass. Always a great selection of covers played and releasing 'Bi' as a single I suspect involved a bit (a lot?) of pushing back against their record company. A band that should have been much bigger than they are. And as for Vernon Reid's guitar work... 
Also that mix coming in at 44mins29 secs. Where's a C-90 when you need one? (Well that and a decent cassette deck)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment