Saturday 28 November 2009

RePost - Dudu Pukwana



Dudu Pukwana & Spear
'Flute Music'
Here.

As already mentioned here I was lucky enough to live in London when Dudu was playing around town.
In fact I saw him in London, Glasgow, Liverpool & Amsterdam.
I also worked at a jazz club in London for a while (100 Club) and when he would play there we would have a few ales...
At the end of the night we often found ourselves catching the same bus and Dudu would play his sax to me and whoever else was there at the bus stop.
Wish that I had thought to record those impromptu sessions on my walkman.

This music is just perfect as the weather starts warming up.

There is a Dudu Pukwana discography to be found here.

5 comments:

  1. WFMU sent me, and I'm glad. Excellent share, thanks, and lovely anecdote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Hebdomeros/
    You are very welcome!
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks So Much!
    I Have not heard this since it was made and it's wonderful to hear again!
    All the best,
    Tohidu (Perfect Peace: Mind-Body-Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2RedFlint/
    You are welcome...
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably one of the best records ever!!!

    ReplyDelete