Saturday 10 January 2009

Blogging from the top of the world AKA The Sermon From The Mount!!!

The main stage.

The 'Ampitheatre' stage.

Well live and direct from the ATP festival here in the Victorian (Australia) alpine region...first thing to remember is that it may be summer down at sea level but up here it is bloody freezing as soon as that sun goes down! The organisers must have made a killing last night at the merchandise stall selling ATP hoodies! Though some people must have had the foresight to have looked up the weather info for this area as there were scarves and hats a go-go. However me in my shirt and shorts necessitated a little immediate retail therapy.


Random scribbles so far...no thanx to the Volvo driver who climbed up the mountain slowly and wasn't polite enough to let us pass in one of the designated areas which meant that on my arrival all I caught of James 'Blood' Ulmer was him saying "thank you" and packing away his guitar. The special guests yesterday were Grinderman who were pretty good with Nick Cave also playing keyboards with the Dirty Three and although they were supposed to play 'Ocean Songs' in it's entirety, time restraints meant that not every track was played. As for The Saints last night, I thought that Chris Bailey was a bit of a pompous prick back in '77 and well nothing seems to have changed! After they had played 'I'm Stranded' it was time for me to say goodnight...and bugger the original intention of staying in a little tent, my traveling companion and I snapped up a family size chalet (complete with spa!) further down the mountain and a good nights sleep was had by all.
As for today I have just finished seeing Michael Gira perform and he was really good. I am going to see him again in Melbourne on Monday night and am really looking forward to the whole show.
Anyway enough of this now, I am going to get something to eat and then enjoy the rest of tonight's bill which includes Ed Keupper's 'Laughing Clowns', Spiritualized and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

More tomorrow including photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment