Sunday 27 June 2021

Mark Stewart & the Maffia - Live at Kingston Polytechnic (November?/1982)


This was the first time I caught Mark after his Pop Group days apart from a couple of CND rallies in London where he performed Jerusalem accapella and this was certainly also the London debut of the Maffia. This was the Creation Rebel line up of the Maffia with Adrian Sherwood at the mixing desk and it goes without saying that this was Kingston upon Thames as opposed to Kingston JA. I was kindly invited by my friend Richard Thomas (ex Fall manager and current Laugharne Weekend promoter) to the gig, who had given me some time before a Townhouse Studio cassette dubbing of the tracks that would appear on his Jerusalem 12" as well as the New Age Steppers version of High Ideals so I knew what to expect. Not at all sure of the exact date of this but on November 12th 1982 Mark also played at Trinity Hall in Bristol so I'm guessing either side of then. I have never heard that Trinity Hall recording so I would be very grateful if someone has it to share

No comments:

Post a Comment