Wednesday 11 September 2013

♪♫ Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot

RIP to all the innocent people who lost their lives on 9/11. I still cry when I take the time to stop and think about what happened on that awful day. My memory isn't as sharp as it once was, but I still remember the room I was standing in when it happened, the images I saw, the conversations I had, and most of what went down in the days that followed the attacks. I remember the horror, fear, and confusion as much as the sense of manipulation I was getting from U.S. media. I still remember that. I still remember. I never forgot.
So, at the risk of offending those of you who believe that this day is strictly about mourning, I'd like to try my hand at contributing an addendum to some popular bumper sticker wisdom:
Always remember...
Never forget...
...this is the anniversary of when the events of that horrific day were used to start senseless wars while our civil liberties were stripped bit by bit. 12 years and going.

Sage Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment