Saturday 2 April 2022

The Cardinal & The Corpse / The Falconer / Asylum (Chris Petit & Iain Sinclair 1992 - 2000)

The Cardinal & The Corpse The Falconer 
...and the final part of the trilogy, Asylum (2000) can be watched on Vimeo 
HERE 
I was sending a message to Adam of the Bagging Area parish and while chewcking up the details of Peter Whitehead's Wholly Communion film I found that Chris Petit & Iain Sinclair's The Falconer film, which also has the added bonus of featuring Dave McKean's special effects and animation, had been uploaded online. 
Man I have been waiting to see this for SO long and then also realised that the complete trilogy can now be viewed.
Where to start?
Well when I first moved to London in 77/8 I was soon buying books with alarming regularity from Iain Sinclair's stall down in Islington's Camden Passage. I'd been introduced to him by Mike Hart, who had let me crash with him and his kid Stephen at their place in Wood Green until I got myself sorted out in the Big Smoke.
When I first saw Radio On I wasn't all that impressed to be honest and then I remembered that all the people telling me to see it were the same ones that had recommended Eraserhead to me the previous year. (I love Chris's novels tho).  Dave McKean? Well...he's been on the blog a few times
So many boxes are ticked. Interesting that some of the links above redirect to the very early days of Exile. And the cast? Well I knew a fair few of them back in my London days...anyway enjoy the films as much as I did. 
You never know you might get a few a few curiosities piqued...
BONUS

No comments:

Post a Comment