Wednesday 1 February 2017

Deke Leonard R.I.P.



Deke Leonard (2015)

Daughter Of The Fireplace / Would the Christians (1971)

Live At Rockpalast (1975)

Day & Night (OGWT 1975)

Bananas (1976)

Born With A Future (1976)

7171551 (1976)

C'Mon (1976)

Spunk Rock (1983)

Live At The Marquee (1983)
Even Visionaries Go Blind
C´mon
Talk About A Morning
Back Together Again
Hard Way To Die
The Ride And The View
Asylum
Romain
Hard Way
Bananas

So the Facebook message came through about six hours ago from one of my oldest and dearest friends that Deke had passed away a couple of hours previously. A number of years ago the message was that our mutual friend Ken Whaley who also played with Man had died. I was sworn to secrecy as it hadn't been formally announced and sat here listening to my Man records, listening to a recording of that time they played the Glasgow Apollo with Quicksilver Messenger Services' John Cipollina, which was a joy for my fifteen year old self to watch though in truth was not a particularly good gig. I dread the next private message...

They say it’s always a mistake to meet your heroes

No comments:

Post a Comment