Tuesday 24 May 2011

Dylan tapes reveal heroin addiction

A previously unheard interview with Bob Dylan has revealed that the singer was once addicted to heroin.
After a concert late one Saturday night in March 1966 Bob Dylan, while on tour in the US, boarded his private plane in Lincoln, Nebraska bound for Denver with his friend Robert Shelton.
Over the next two hours Shelton taped an interview with Dylan which he later described as a "kaleidoscopic monologue".
At one point, the singer, who turns 70 this week, admits he had been addicted to heroin in the early 1960s.
"I kicked a heroin habit in New York City," he confesses. "I got very, very strung out for a while, I mean really, very strung out. And I kicked the habit. I had about a $25-a-day habit and I kicked it."

READ MORE

2 comments:

  1. A lightweight HerrJB, Uncle Lou was on a $27 a day habit! Oh and Hopi Biffday Bob!
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Happy Birthday Bob!
    Forgot that it's already 24th in Australia...

    ReplyDelete