Tuesday 8 February 2011

Iggy and The Stooges - Big Day Out Melbourne 30/1/11

OK. So for the last 5 years I've kind of been regretting missing all but the last 2 songs of these guys last time they played BDO. Instead I saw The Mars Volta which to this day is still one of my favorite sets by them but you know, how often can you see The Stooges. When they got announced again I lost my shit and there was no chance I'd miss them this time.
The set was everything I expected it to be. Iggy is one energetic dude and a fantastic frontman and for a 63 year old he still brings it. They sounded fantastic and the sun went away for the first time in the day so it was a lot more bearable standing up than a lot of other sets I saw that day due to that.
Iggy and The Stooges

Setlist:
1. Raw Power
2. Search and Destroy
3. Gimme Danger
4. Shake Appeal
5. Johanna
6. Kill City
7. Fun House
8. 1970
9. Night Theme
10. Beyond The Law
11. No Fun
12. I Wanna Be Your Dog
13. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

Length: 54:12
Sound Quality: A-
Download
@'Fan Made Recordings'

A nice reminder of a good day. Not as good as the last time The Stooges played at the BDO in my opinion but that was partly due to having had my appendix taken out only a few days before I was not to be found deep in the heart of the mosh-pit. 
Sensible of me eh?

6 comments: