Friday 28 May 2010

M.I.A. Takes Revenge on New York Times Writer Lynn Hirschberg

M.I.A. Takes Revenge on <i>New York Times</i> Writer 
Lynn Hirschberg Yesterday, The New York Times published an in-depth profile of M.I.A. written by Times staffer Lynn Hirschberg. The lengthy read followed M.I.A. through the making and promoting of her new album / \ / \ / \ Y / \. In examining many of the contradictions that make up M.I.A.'s persona, it wasn't totally complimentary, and contained un-flattering quotes from several people in M.I.A.'s camp (including Diplo and "Born Free" director Romain Gavras), not to mention M.I.A. herself.

Well, it seems that M.I.A. wasn't too happy with the piece. She just Tweeted "CALL ME IF YOU WANNA TALK TO ME ABOUT THE N Y T TRUTH ISSUE, ill b taking calls all day bitches ;)", accompanied by a phone number. We just called the phone number... and it seems to be Lynn Hirschberg's phone number. And now her voicemail is full.
Ouch.
UPDATE: She just Tweeted: NEWS IS AN OPINION! UNEDITED VERSION OF THE INTERVIEW WILL BE ON neetrecordings THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND!!! >>>>
 

No comments:

Post a Comment