Thursday 29 April 2010

(Lying) kunst

A couple of days after Australian PM Rudd delayed the Carbon Trading Scheme he announced today that the price of a packet of cigarettes will rise by 25% at midnight tonight...does he think this will make every one of us smokers give up and therefore there will be less emissions?
He also announced a delay in the implementation of the internet filter (that at least is a good thing.)

I do not know where to begin with Rudd...
Firstly though he needs a speechwriter...he is the most appalling public speaker it has ever been my misfortune to hear.
(Thanx to Leisa for the pic!)

4 comments:

  1. Whenever I hear the name Rudd I reach for my International Passport to Smoking Pleasure. He is an Utter Utter. He should return to his old job, viz. the commentator on international affairs on Lateline who is also allied to the Australian Labour Party. John Howard Blonde.

    Also, I'd like to see your view on the "Shakespeare" "Debate", e.g. http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/the_tls/tls_selections/literature_and_criticism/article7103578.ece". Many of the anti Shakespeare sites now require you register to view their Looney conspiracies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Richard/
    Really do not get me started on Rudd...I am labour but that man is just a total fraud. His trying to be everything to everyone results in "fair shake of the sauce bottle' stuff. Really!
    Re: Shakespeare - yeah I remember stuff like this 30 years ago...will look at it in more depth later.
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Labour. Now I vote Green. My member is M'rt'n F'r'g's'n.

    I only ask about Shakespeare because you might understand why class makes many Englishmen think non-sense.

    30 years has made no difference. Now Marlowe is the favourite son (e.g. he's got a codpiece, he's got a hair cut, he went to Oxford, and he looks like Rick Mayall). When Marlowe was murdered he was a better playwright than Shakespeare. Fact is, he never died. He retired to Italy to write the plays anonymously. As you would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2Richard/
    funny my member is M'rt'n F'r'g's'n too!
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete