Monday 4 January 2010

Meanwhile over @ Brainwashed


Well Sunn O))) hit the #1 album in the readers poll.
No arguement from me on that one, in my top ten of the year too and a lot of other good stuff in their charts but what the fug is it with Current 93 at #2?
I don't get this band at all. Never did.
Actually what I don't get is Dave (David) Tibet (Michael).
His fugn nonsensical Noddy songs warbled in that fugn awful voice with pretensious lyrics (Coptic anyone) of the highest (OTO?) order!
I want instrumental albums!
The music is great (Matt Sweeney, James Blackshaw, Sasha Grey (I will let her... sing) *sigh* amongst others, even had Bill Fay on stage with the group last year, but then he also had Sebastian fugn Horsley in the line up that night too!)
(Thinks to myself...if someone hadn't forced *ahem* heroin into my veins that night back in (81/82?) when 23 Skidoo blew up the stage at The Venue, I could have kidnapped Tibet in the smoke and kept him in a dungeon for the rest of his life, saving us all from the resulting dross. 
Problem is I suspect he probably would have enjoyed it.)


Congrats also to TG for the lifetime achievement award. 
Who would have thought it back then?

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check out that band, I never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Sean/
    I like the band but this album is just exceptional.
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete