Saturday 8 November 2008

Mr. Cohen - Live Capitol Theatre Moncton NB Canada May 23 2008


"Leonard Cohen was the first artist I discovered by myself. He is the symbol of my musical independence. The sadness of Cohen was inspiring; it gave me a lot of energy. I always remember all this when someone says that my records are morbid or depressing." - Nick Cave


"I tell you who I also think is wonderful is a chap called Leonard Cohen. Do you know him? He's remarkable. I mean, the orchestration is fantastic and the words, the lyrics and everything, he's a remarkable man." - Prince Charles

"Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld/ so I can sigh eternally." - Nirvana, "Pennyroyal Tea"






(The Future)



(Hallelujah)

Zip file of selected tracks: 'The Future/Bird On The Wire/Everybody Knows/Democracy/I'm Your Man & First We take Manhattan' from this gig available here.

From Hydra in 1960 with George Johnson and Charmian Clift to helping writer Alex Trocchi flee New York in 1961 to Rochford Winery in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. He was just in Germany, and I missed him. Saw it on the tv instead.

    ReplyDelete