Tuesday 19 April 2011

Scar Art by He Duoling (何多苓)



He Duoling is one of China's preminent realist painters, best known for his Scar Art series done in the 1980s. Recently, He has been working on blending traditional Chinese culture with Western concepts and styles. His new solo exhibition will feature his best known works as well as his latest ones.
“I started painting at a very young age. People of my generation failed to determine our own destinies. But thanks to my mother, who contributed my painting to a children’s magazine, my works was published for the first time. This experience is the driving force behind my accomplishments,” he said.
He’s early oil paintings were done with fine brushes, featuring themes like Chairman Mao on Jinggang Mountain. He said he was also facinated by the bleakness in Andrew Wyeth's nostalgic realist works in the 80s, so he imitate Wyeth and became known for works like The Little Long-tail Pheasant, The Beautiful Crow and Reviving Spring Breeze...
Continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment