Saturday 6 December 2008

The Flying Burrito Brothers - Live at Palomino's LA 1969


If you go here you will be able to get to hear Gram Parsons and the Burrito's version of 'cosmic American music' as played in North Hollywood in 1969.
From 'Aquarium Drunkard'

A confession.
I named my eldest son Gram 22 years ago.
He was conceived in Amsterdam (where somewhat ironically and to my chagrin he is now living).
When he was less than a year old we went to a party and a Channel 9 idiot, sorry 'identity' said to me that- "it was a great name".
To which I replied- "thanks".
An hour later he returned and asked if it "was short for Gramaphone"!

("There was a wee laddie called Gram
who piped up from the depths of his pram.
"I may be an Oz
but I was named so because
I was conceived in old Amsterdam."
)



No comments:

Post a Comment