Thursday 4 December 2008

Blogg - AAAAAGH!!! (Re: 'Mike Hart (from Compendium) passed away on this day in 2002' post)

I have just had another post pulled from my blog by Blogger/Google.
This time it was a post that I put up on the anniversary of the death of a very good friend of mine.
Seriously pissed me off.
Once again can I point out that if anyone has any issues with ANYTHING that I post, could they please get in touch with me directly at:

monastreet@gmail.com

and I will remove the offending post or part of it at once.
This also means that I know what it is that I am doing wrong and can therefore endeavour NOT to do it again.
If you want to remain anonymous so be it.


UPDATE:
I just read my email concerning the 'Blogger DMCA takedown notification' and noticed that perhaps the complainant isn't quite as anonymous as I originally thought:

"...The notice that we received from the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) and the record companies it represents, with any personally identifying information removed, will be posted online by a service called Chilling Effects at http://www.chillingeffects.org. We do this in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Please note that it may take Chilling Effects up to several weeks to post the notice online at the link provided..."

Well guys - the post did contain some music namely the Little Feat bootleg 'Electrif Lycanthrop'
I linked to www.archive.org
as the whole album is there as a LEGAL download.
Alternatively you can listen to it here.



May I suggest that in future you look at exactly what is posted at blogs before issuing DMCA notifications.

(Finally as an aside Lowell George used to personally remix his band's bootlegs as he knew that it was a way for more people to get into his band and probably then sell more records.
Which is what you record companies are trying to do isn't it?)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment