Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Raincoats (Live @Acklam Hall, London 10th May 1979)

Here's an extraordinary early Raincoats live recording, taped beneath the Westway at Ladbroke Grove's Acklam Hall during their first British tour, shortly before the release of their eponymous debut Rough Trade LP. They were playing as support to Switzerland's ever-vibrant Kleenex, & Cabaret Voltaire were on the bill too, I believe?
HERE
(Mona's faux-pas #1: I had just been given a whole heap pf promo postcards for Odyshape and was at a gig by either Paul Rogers or Paul playing with Talisker and I saw my friend Kent, so I handed him one of the cards not knowing that Gina and him had split up a couple of days before...if looks could kill!)
Image

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link - I actually saw The Raincoats live in Bournemouth of all places, in 1982 I think, and they were utterly amazing.......

    ReplyDelete