Thursday 24 November 2011

Egypt protests: 'The wailing of sirens never stops'

The writer Mona Eltahwy, who has being released after being detained for 12 hours at the interior ministry, has claimed, in a series of tweets, that she was beaten and sexually assaulted by the central security forces (CSF).
5 or 6 surrounded me, groped and prodded my breasts, grabbed my genital area and I lost count how many hands tried to get into my trousers.
.@Sarahngb is coming to kindly take me to the hospital. Besides beating me, the dogs of CSF subjected me to the worst sexual assault ever
Another hour later I was free with apology from military intelligence for what CSF did. Took pics of my bruises and recorded statement 1/2
Eltahwy also said she was blindfolded for two hours and posted a picture of her swollen hand. She indicated that she intends to write about her ordeal.
Via

No comments:

Post a Comment