Friday 17 June 2011

Metallica and Lou Reed Record Album Together


Here's one nobody was expecting: Metallica and Lou Reed have gotten together and recorded an entire collaborative full-length album, Metallica announced on their website yesterday. The LP doesn't have a title or a release date yet, but they finished recording it last week, and it's 10 songs long.
According to the Metallica website, the idea for the album came after the band performed with Reed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 25th Anniversary Concert, which went down at Madison Square Garden in 2009. Eventually, Reed came to Metallica's San Francisco home studio to record. Late-period Metallica are notorious for spending years on albums, but they bashed this one out over a few months.



Via

4 comments:

  1. As someone who loves Uncle Lou (most of the time) and absolutely detests Metallica (all the time) all I can say is 'WTF'???
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well I managed 1:39 of 'Sweet Jane' and...27 secs of 'WLWH'.
    All I can say is "What utter wank!' and that is me being generous with both my time and words!
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it will be something like Neil Young + Pearl Jam in 'Mirror Ball'....
    The last Lou Reed show I have seen was nosier then the Metallica show I have seen a decade ago and it wan't even Lou Reed's 'Metal Machine Trio' tour...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only prob w/ that hope is that it will be the Metallica wanker doing all the solos!

    ReplyDelete