Saturday 13 November 2010

♪♫ Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Watching The Detectives (Live at Eric's)


(Thanx Leisa!)
My fave club in the world! 
Think I may still have my membership card somewhere in storage. 
Didn't see this gig but the first time I saw him was pre band at The Watermill Hotel in Paisley and then also a great night in the company of Allan Jones from (MM/Uncut) at the Live Stiff''s tour in Glasgow which carried on way into the wee hours back at the hotel. Oh and thank you Floyd for stealing my tour itinerary that had been signed by Nick Lowe, Ian Dury, Dave Edmunds, Wreckless Eric. Larry Wallis, Costello et al.
Bastard!

2 comments:

  1. Easily the best EC&TA song... A great version!

    You saw them in Paisley?! I wish Paisley would be so accommodating these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2DJP/
    It was just him solo and you have to remember that punk was banned in Glesca at the time...the first gig that the council let happen was The Stranglers at the City Hall so after a long session at the Burns Howff or somewhere like that we trooped to the venue and weren't allowed in for about an hour after the advertised start, during which time I managed to get lifted by the polis for 'making my water in public'!!! Five quid fine for that one LOL!
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete