Thursday 27 October 2016

Baby Thor



+
Flock of Dimes (aka Wye Oak’s Jenn Wasner) with Thor & Friends (Peggy Ghorbani on marimba, Sarah "Goat" Gautier on marimba, vibraphone, xylophone, organ, voice, mellotron and piano and Harris on sundry percussion and wind instruments)
Earlier this year, my friend Thor sent me the results of his latest creative endeavor - a record from a band he was calling Thor and Friends. At the time, I was still knee-deep in my own record-making process, and was exhausted by the sound of my own voice. The record that Thor sent me became a constant presence in my life after that. I became so attached to it that I asked Thor if he and his aforementioned friends might be willing to spend some time with me, reimagining some of the songs on my forthcoming record. And so-lucky me-I got to spend a few days in Austin with these talented, kind, creative people, breathing new life into a group of songs that I had already lived with for years
 - Jenn Wasner
Everything Is Happening Today

Semaphore

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment