A mix of musical styles though predominantly north African.
After opening aptly on this Sunday morning with Baaba Maal's 'Call to Prayer' we find ourselves 'tranceported' by music from both the mountains and medinas of Maroc, by the psychedelic sounds coming from the Congo in the mid seventies and by the present-time desert blues of Tinariwen and Group Inerane.
From Algeria by way of Paris, London and New York to the Ju-Ju lands of Nigeria.
1. Baaba Maal - Call To Prayer
2. African Head Charge - God Is Great
3. Akure Wall - Oyindamola
4. Okay Temiz - East Breeze
5. The Invaders of The Heart - Bomba
6. Rachid Taha - Barra Barra
7. Group Inerane - Kuni Majagani
8. Tinariwen - Cler Achel
9. King Sunny Ade - Ja Funmi
10. Joujouka with Ornette Coleman - Snippet #1
11. Maleem Mahmoud Ghania w/ Pharaoh Sanders - Mahraba
12. Gnawa Music of Marrakesh - Toura Toura Tour Kelilah No. 2
13. Joujouka with Ornette Coleman - Snippet #2
14. Udokotela Shange Namajah - Sobabamba (We Will Get Them)
15. Le Super Borgou de Parakou - Congolaise Benin Ye
16. Basokin ft. Mi Amor - Malume
Originally posted on this blog seven and a half years ago with a slight reworking this morning If this compilation doesn't want to make you dance barefoot under the sky then you are already dead
From the fevered imagination of