Wednesday 13 January 2016

Richard Hell on James Chance

It reminds me of the night James Chance - another crazy inspired musician of the period - was furious because the mob proprietors of some New York disco refused to pay him after a gig. Chance stalked around the huge, darkened dance floor in a fury, cursing. The room was empty except for a muscle-bound bouncer and James and me. When James started kicking beer bottles, the bouncer began to approach him. James picked up a bottle by the neck, smashed it against a pillar, and screamed at the guy, "You can't hurt me!" Then he jammed the broken bottle into his own chest.
It's a weird syndrome of the powerless saying to the powerful "You can't hurt me because I'm willing to hurt myself."
Via 
Graphique par Bazooka

No comments:

Post a Comment