Friday 16 January 2015

Tamara Williamson - Victoria


I was pretty sure I was done with writing music until I wrote "Victoria". I've never felt the need to speak up about women’s rights before ...But a story burst my bubble and I took a look around...
One morning in 2013 I was driving my son to school listening to The Current on CBC. I was pulled into a story about a woman from Argentina named Victoria Montenegro.
At the age of twenty Victoria found out that the parents who had raised her were not her family, and had been responsible for her abduction as a baby. After many years of searching Victoria found that her father had been a victim of the “death flight’s” where thousands of young Argentinian citizen’s were thrown alive from planes into the Atlantic Ocean. Her mothers body has never been recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment