Sunday 16 November 2014

So as I mentioned I will be heading off to this tonight

I first heard Tangerine Dream on John Peel's show and saw them play at City Hall in Glasgow in 1975. I seem to recall that it was ok but I do know that this gig put me off the smell of patchouli oil for life.
I did catch them again in London in 1981 and remember being bored out of my skull.
The only reason I am going tonight is for the support act Black Cab who last week finally released their (very) long awaited magnificent fourth album 'Games of the XXI Olympiad' and it has been amazing hearing these songs taking shape live over the the last three to four years.
While there is the added bonus of the Cab's getting their hands on the beast that is the Melbourne Town Hall organ, unfortunately they are only playing for 30 minutes...and then it will be this.
How long will I last?

No comments:

Post a Comment