Thursday 15 November 2012

Mike Hart: Raise A Glass On The 10th Anniversary Of His Passing

You are not forgotten my friend

Friends of the much missed Mike Hart of Compendium and, briefly, Murder One, will be gathering at the Spread Eagle on Parkway in Camden Town,tonight (Thursday, Nov 15th) from 8pm, to raise a glass on the 10th anniversary of his passing. All welcome.

Stewart Home on Mike
 
A BIG thanx to Richard Thomas for organising this and keeping Mike's memory alive and well. I shall be there in spirit and raising my cup of coffee to Mike here in Melbourne. As an aside reading Stewart's piece where he talks about Kerouac, I do remember Mike telling me that Robert Fripp had come into Compendium one day to buy as many books as he could find on Kerouac (which of course ended up as source material for that fugn awful King Crimson elpee Heartbeat, an album that I KNOW Mike would have hated as much as I do) and Mike took great delight in finding the worst books about Kerouac that he could find in the shop to sell to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment