Wednesday 29 August 2012

An interview with Bvdub

...People who say they only make music for themselves, if they release it, are liars. And I won’t make that lie. Yes I make it for myself, but I make it just as much in the hopes that it will connect with another human being… if I didn’t want to communicate it to someone else, why would I even need to translate it into music? Of course I do so because I want to at least make an attempt to share the thought with someone else, and hope that they can relate. For me, that is the whole point of music – for someone else in the world to understand you, even to a small extent, and even for however long a song, or an album lasts. It’s a way of attempting to share your experience as a human being, and know you’re not alone, that there is someone else out there who feels the same as you, and sees the world through the same eyes. I just say what I feel, what I know, and what I believe – and any time another person somewhere in the world can connect with that, or we can somehow share a moment through that communication, that’s what matters to me. And just like life itself, time moves on, you change, and your way of looking at life changes with it – and so do my techniques, sound, and the way I approach things… and with that, I am constantly experimenting, and pushing. I’m proud of the fact that every album I’ve ever put out pushes something… in some way. It may be part of the same overall story, but it’s always a new chapter, and in my eyes, always better than the last.
@'Kana'

No comments:

Post a Comment