Wednesday 4 April 2012

Eyewitness: Glastonbury 1994 - 'I was terrified...'

'I remember seeing The Orb the year before and watching them do 'Little Fluffy Clouds' and watching that stage erupt and just thinking they need a proper Acid House kind of rave here; it would go down a storm. Luckily enough, we happened to be there the next year and I just felt like it was right. Everywhere people were dancing, people who liked indie music were still going out dancing. It wasn’t as polarised as people like to make out or as some publications used to manufacture at the time, but I think it was just right for it. We hammered in there with no vocalist, two guys, tons of equipment, loads of Roland 303s and 909s and just hammered the Acid House rave sort of aspect. But, we’ve always had a different take on that anyway, it’s never been quite clear cut as that, I think that’s what helped win over the kind of rock and indie and festival crowd.'

Via Clash Music

No comments:

Post a Comment