Tuesday 14 February 2012

♪♫ Drew Smith - Smoke And Mirrors


Drew very kindly sent me a copy of his album and the great back story to the video above:
To celebrate the release of my album I decided to 'outsource' my video to India. I found a virtual assistant from a quick google search and then sent them my song, “Smoke and Mirrors”. By chance, the director ended up being a dance choreographer! After a couple of emails back and forth (plus a few early morning wake-up calls) I found this video in my inbox. It has kind of blown up over that weekend, going to #27 on the youtube charts, and spent half a day on front page of reddit. 160000 plays in three days! Crazy!
Previously my ex-E.S.L. student Sohee Jeon, had become an established animator in South Korea and made a video for The Secret Languages first single “Love Teeth”. The overwhelming positive response to that beautiful work convinced me to again look for a non-traditional video accompaniment. I hope you enjoy the music and feel free to share.
cheers,
Drew
Get the album here:

(Thanx Drew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment