Thursday 15 September 2011

Sonic Youth - Old Greek Theatre, Melbourne (20th January 1989)

Photo
Info
Date:
Friday, January 20th, 1989
City:
Melbourne, Australia
Venue:
Old Greek Theatre
Setlist:
Brother James
The Wonder
Hyperstation
Teenage Riot
Hey Joni
The Sprawl
'Cross the Breeze
Eric's Trip
Candle
Kissability
I Love Her All The Time
Eliminator Jr
Silver Rocket
I have a few cassettes I recorded of Sonic Youth live dating as far back as Am*dam in 1985. Most of them have been in storage for quite a while and will probably be there a while longer...it's a very long story *yawn*
However, while searching tonight for some other things I found this tape I recorded back on my birthday in 1989.
Bearing in mind that it was recorded on a Walkman that was very much on its last legs and the fact that I was probably on my last legs of the night too, what you hear is what you get!
40 minutes of a rather enjoyable night (from what I can remember *ahem*)
An interesting little side note is that Spaceboy's mum was selling rather tasty home made SY tee shirts from a stall at the back of one of the greatest venues that Melbourne ever had that night with her then partner...I remember speaking to her back then but it would be another 18 years before we met up in a different time and place...
PS: Where the fuck have ALL those years gone?
FLAC
mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment