Monday 12 September 2011

Hmmm!

david leigh wrote:
Sep 10th 2011 8:13 GMT
Just to clear up a couple of factual points.
1. Yes, I understand the archive with z.gpg somewhere in it was posted by Assange or his friends in an obscure location around 7 December 2010, the day Assange was arrested for alleged sex offences. No-one told us this had been done. Assange apparently re-used the password he gave me earlier [although the file title - z.gpg - was different.]
2, Assange filmed the meeting on 4 August with Rusbridger. So the Guardian openly recorded it.
3. The relevance of that meeting is that Assange made no complaints to the Guardian whatever for publishing the password months previously. He was cordial and tried to conciliate us. Assange's present story that he had been angry for some time because of our 'security breach' is therefore a pretty obvious lie.
4. Obviously, I wish now I hadn't published the full password in the book. It would have been easy to alter, and that would have avoided all these false allegations. But I was too trusting of what Assange told me.
Via

No comments:

Post a Comment