Saturday 16 April 2011

REpost: The Human (Voice)

Voice 
(Julie Tippetts, Maggie Nichols, Phil Minton, Brian Eley)
Recorded live at The Phoenix, Cavendish Square, London W1, on 13th Oct 1976
Get it
HERE
(sorry only @160...I have the album still and when I get organised (stylus/brain etc) I will upgrade to FLAC etc)


Veryan Weston (piano) and Phil Minton (voice) improvise at Mopomoso at the Vortex Jazz club in London. 21st September 2008. Filmed by Helen Petts.
An interesting blog 'John's House' here concerned with John Osborne's house/a mirror & Phil Minton amongst other things.
(Some incidental background business:
Back in the day when I would like to think that I was a 'jazz terrorist' when in actual fact I was just an annoying arsehole. 
Veryan and I never saw-eye-to-eye to which I can only say; "Once a stinky-winkle..."
As for Mr. Minton...
SHIT! 
The man is THE greatest vocalist that has ever walked on this planet and to think that I was priveleged to actually have shared a stage with him and at the same time!
I even take it as a compliment that he said  (at the end of the gig) "you ARE very Albert Aylerish" when the combo was called 'Eye & Ear Control'. 
To meet up again at the Feral Choir gig in Melbourne was just brilliant and I apologise (again) for that night in Am*dam all those years ago...
Regards/)

No comments:

Post a Comment