Monday 13 September 2010

*shucks*

 From my inbox this morning:
Hi:
  I'm writing to you, first of all to compliment you on your blog, and secondly to say that, primarily as a result of reading your great material, I've been inspired to begin one of my own.
      I live in Los Angeles, although I am Scottish by birth, and I have always been staggered by the lack of concern and, indeed, ignorance that you find here in regard to politics and its impact on each individual life. It would seem even more apparent these days - at a time when the threat from the extreme right is growing ever larger.
       Hence the blog. I'm not deluding myself that it will become a talking point for thousands but take the position that, if one young person is moved to vote by reading it, then it's a success. That's why I'm trying to use music posts as the tease and intersperse them with opinion pieces and interesting news excerpts.
       I'd like to ask you to have a look at the blog when you have a chance and, if you think it worthwhile and in accord with your views, whether you would be willing to mutually link each other's blogs so, hopefully, more readers can be directed to both. I would also like to ask whether you have any objection to me using pieces from your blog on mine.
       My blog is still in its infancy and the design is still evolving. However there's enough content up there, I believe, for you to get the idea of where I'm coming from.
       The blog is

       Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

Well Neil,
you seem to be doing a fine job so far...
will keep checking back
Regards/

No comments:

Post a Comment