Tuesday 22 June 2010

Capello: Terry has made a 'big mistake'


England boss Fabio Capello has hit back at John Terry after the former captain questioned the manager's methods and team selection during a press conference.
The Chelsea captain complained on Sunday that the players were bored at the amount of time they have to spend hanging around at their training camp, and also called for Joe Cole to be picked in the starting XI for the game against Slovenia on Wednesday.
Terry also used his audience with the press on Sunday morning to say that players would address their concerns in a team meeting that evening.
But the Italian disciplinarian has said Terry's decision to go public with his concerns was a "big mistake".
Capello: Terry has made a 'big mistake'
Capello told ITV.com: "No-one spoke to me about any problems. My door is open always. If a player wants to speak with me, he can speak with me.
"At every meeting I ask the captain, 'any problems, do you want to say something'? Nothing. Then I read that John Terry had said this. I don't understand why he didn't speak with me.
"When you speak, you have to speak privately, not to the media. That is a mistake, a very big mistake."

5 comments:

  1. Terry will be swimming with the fishes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When you speak, you have to speak privately, not to the media"





    (says Capello......to the media)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!
    A little bit of hypocrisy here eh?
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2Longy/
    I do think that Terry is pissed off that he was axed as Captain tho' and it will be interesting to see if he is named in the next team...my bet is NO as the Don wants to show who is boss...we will see eh?
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he drops JT they had just as well go the airport now Mona (like the french ha ha)


    Longy

    ReplyDelete