Monday 3 May 2010

Chris Carter - 'This Train' & 'While Waiting'

   
This track was recorded on a bed, in my hotel room, while on a trip to Leicester to perform at the first Dirty-Carter event. It's just me improvising using some of the gear and some sounds I would later use for the Dirty-Carter performance. The voice and ambience is from a nearby train station and was recorded out of the hotel window and played back on my iPhone. The inclusion of the Tannoy station announcements was partly inspired by listening to 'Music For Real Airports' on the journey to Leicester.
Equipment used:
a regular Kaossilator, a circuit-bent Kaossilator, two mini Kaoss pads, a Tom Bugs WOM micro synth, a Chimera BC8 micro synth, two Zoom PFX-9003 effects, a Boss DSD-2 sampler/delay, a Dirty-Carter E.S.G.I, an iPhone for field recording playback, portable Edirol mixer and a Zoom H2 recorder. No laptops or desktop computers were used in the recording.
   
This is the second track I recorded on a bed, in my hotel room, while on a trip to Leicester to perform at the first Dirty-Carter event. It's just me improvising using some of the gear and some sounds I would later use for the Dirty-Carter performance with some low level looping courtesy of my iPhone.
Equipment used:
a regular Kaossilator, a circuit-bent Kaossilator, two mini Kaoss pads, a Tom Bugs WOM micro synth, a Chimera BC8 micro synth, two Zoom PFX-9003 effects, a Boss DSD-2 sampler/delay, a Dirty-Carter E.S.G.I, an iPhone for loop playback, portable Edirol mixer and a Zoom H2 recorder. No laptops or desktop computers were used in the recording.
A photo of a set-up similar to what I used can be viewed here:
Released by: CTI
Release date: Apr 28, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment