Friday 9 April 2010

Malcolm McLaren - 22/01/46 - 08/04/10 RIP

Malcolm McLaren, former manager of the Sex Pistols and the New York Dolls, died today in New York after a bout with cancer, The Independent reports. He was 64.
During the course of his career, the outspoken impresario worked in the fashion industry and released hip-hop and electronic albums, but he's most famous for his association with the Sex Pistols. The degree to which he helped the UK punk band rise in the late 70s is much debated.
When asked for a job description on Australian talk show "Enough Rope" in 2006, McLaren said, "Somehow or another, I remain permanently cool [...] I try to make ideas happen-- ideas that could change life."

 Ryan Dombal @ 'Pitchfork'
 

4 comments:

  1. FUCK! Been out all day so this is the 1st I've heard of it...bummer RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2NS&Dray/
    Yes it is true...was only announced a short while ago...
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a joke on 4zzz when I first heard it,
    I do wonder what john and the boys all are thinking however.

    ReplyDelete