Monday 12 April 2010

Billie Ray Martin does Cabaret Voltaire

BillieRayMartin
OK, so Billie Ray Martin has a couple of new EPs/mini-albums coming out in the next couple of months. There are a couple of interesting angles to this story but one in particular that got my  interest.
Billie Ray first came to my attention back in ‘80ish with her work with Electribe 101, since then she has amassed a large body of work including both Dance hits and more experimental electronic tracks For her latest EPs she is taking the pioneering step of releasing tracks officially through the Torrent site Mininova in the lead up to the official release.
What got me though, was the tracks themselves. Ms. Martin is dropping her reworkings of Cabaret Voltaire’s double A side ‘Just Fascination’/’Crackdown’, two of my favourite tracks by one of my favourite bands. So it was with some trepidation that I checked the tunes, and they are good! Not only are they reworking but ‘Crackdown’ features none other than Cab’s vocalist himself Stephen Mallinder.


Download @ Soundcloud
Clive 'Crash' Lewis @'Electronic Rumors'

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    If you are going to completely rip-off and just copy and paste my article the least you could do is give credit to where you copied it from.
    http://electronicrumors.com/2010/01/27/billie-ray-martin-does-cabaret-voltaire/
    Thanks

    Crash
    electronic rumors (electronicrumors.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2CCS/
    My apologies...the link where it says 'Vice' above does indeed take you to yr post...I was under the impression that it was a Vice blog...I will change the link to read 'Electronic Rumors'.

    ReplyDelete