Monday 22 February 2010

'Exile' accused of plagiarism (???)

Plagiarism on the Net
you don't know the meaning of procrastination.
Post a reply
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Plagiarism on the Net

Postby Kelvin Throop » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm
My recent post on "Mindfulness Education" has been cut and pasted in it's entirity and posted here. I'm obviously happy to be quoted but what is the point of just repeating the entire post? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose.

Editted to fix link
Last edited by Kelvin Throop on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of the superficially profound

Read "Education Watch" at http://kelvinthroop.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Kelvin Throop
Bolero

Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Top
Re: Plagiarism on the Net

Postby ZackDavies » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:56 pm
Hi Kelvin,

It looks like your link is broken. Not sure whether this is intentional (like when people post "hxxp" links to stop anti-vaxxers seeing who's linking to their site), so maybe you don't want to fix it. But if anyone else is interested, add ".com" after "blogspot" and it'll work.

That's a weird-ass "blog" - 750 posts this year, mainly videos. I can't see any coherent point to it. If it seemed like the product of a rational mind, and if they hadn't linked back to your article using links with your name in, I'd be more inclined to call it plagiarism. As it is, I think it's just spreading the word with lax attribution practice.

ZackDavies
Viennese Waltz

Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Kent


When I have stopped laughing, I shall comment on this...

Boys, boys, boys
1/ Linking back to your blog post cancels out the plagiarism accusation...
2/ I felt that it WAS an important point that you were making, so DO consider it flattery
3/ It's 'edited'
4/ 'Weird-ass' blog...one of the nicest things that anyone has ever said about 'Exile'
5/ I agree, my mind is NOT rational!
6/ Mostly videos? I think not and if someone wants to do the maths for those 750 posts we may discover the real reason why it is called the "Bad Science' forum
7/ It may not be 'coherent' but it sure looks pretty
8/ 'Lax attribution'? I think not when as I say I link back directly to your blog post


Spread the word... 
MonaXXX
PS: Anything that I write at my blog is always in grey...

6 comments:

  1. : }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite fond of your weird ass ways Mona.
    Fight the power!
    Stan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. weird ass dangerous scally scouser in fact....

    kill em mona..... go for em....sound like a bunch of softies....

    why do these idiots bother....

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2Dray/
    It is at the forum that is linked to Ben Goldacre...did you read that interview in WORD at all?
    Hmmmm...
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2drezillen/
    OK! Was NOT sure at first if you weren't just taking the piss, so I thought I had better check you out first and the first thing I see is Die Antwoord, who are def taking the piss so...
    Thanx bro...
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete