Tuesday 21 July 2009

Natalia Estemirova: UPDATE

I just received this email from Rosa @ Newsy.com

Hi Mona,
I read your memorial post about human rights activist Natalya Estemirova where you report about her kidnapping and brutal murder. I think you will find the following video relevant to your post.

http://www.newsy.com/videos/fighting_for_human_rights_with_life

It describes Estemirova’s life’s work and uses news coverage from different media outlets to make the case that the human rights worker was murdered by the state.
I think it is relevant to your post and I hope you will consider embedding the video in Exile on Moan Street. This story has been buried in the press and blogs like yours honor her memory by publicizing her cause.
Newsy.com videos analyze and synthesize news coverage of important global issues from multiple sources. Its unique method of presenting how different media outlets around the world are covering a story provides context to help viewers understand complex global issues.

Thanx Rosa for sending me the link and if some more people get to know of Natalia's story then I am glad to have been of help.

Here is the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment