Sunday 21 June 2009

Downtime/


A few words before I knock this on the head for a couple of hours (the bags of my eyes are needing bags!)
There are a number of things that I haven't mentioned here yet and the first is how young some of the basijis appear to be from accounts.
No more than 15 or 16 and absolutely ruthless as you would imagine when you get powerful weapons to play around with at that age.
Toys for boys indeed!
There are reports that they would lash out at anyone (male or female) who got in their way.


Which brings me to the video of the young girl dying that I chose NOT to post here.
It was shown by CNN but it was so pixilated that it was rendered meaningless.
If the film of her last seconds changes public opinion in Iran then she will not have died in vain.

If anyone does come across anything that they think I would be interested in then please email me at
monastreet @ gmail dot com

I have been doing this blog completely by myself and yet have constantly over the last 4 days or so found images or stories sometimes hours before they turn up on some of the major player's sites and I have given The Huffington Post two exclusives in the last 36 hours, the first being the English translation of Khamenei's speech and then last night one of the first pictures from Tehran as the troubles started.
I obviously would like to thank Nico for linking back here on both of those occasions because there were a LOT of people following me as I posted those and the later stories...

But now I need to sleep for a couple of hours and recharge my batteries.

If you are interested in keeping up to date with what is happening then do keep an eye on the sites I mentioned a couple of posts previous to this.

We are proving that the mainstream media is absolutely redundant!


Back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Tricked you!
    No! I have just woken up...nicotine, caffeine and more nicotine first...life's essentials!
    regards/

    ReplyDelete