Friday 22 May 2009

The Drones (Off The Record) @ 'Aquarium Drunkard'

Over at 'Aquarium Drunkard' The Drones reflect on their city of residence (Melbourne in this case) and choose a handful of places they could not live without — be them bookstores, bars, restaurants or vistas.

"The Weather :: Though the summers get pretty warm, the other three seasons are more or less on the mild to freezing side, which means I get to rug up. I hate wearing shorts...
Joe’s Shoe Store :: This is my local bar. Everyone needs to have a local. Life is not complete without one. I can go into that place, not even open my mouth and still be served exactly what I was feeling like at the time. Also, the folks that run the place are as unruly as the unruliest of customers, so the mood is always right. One minute you’re talking to them about the middle-east crisis, the next you’re trying to talk them down off the bar and to put their clothes back on. How I miss it, when I’m away."
(One of my locals!)
Full story here.


The Drones - Minotaur

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I do try and catch them when they play here in their hometown, but unfortunately for us the rest of the world wants to share them now too!
    regards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch them in Madrid at least 4 0 5 years ago. Do you know an australian band named The Walk On By???

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don't know that band, but I am on to it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They want to play in Madrid and we're organizing the venue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't find anything about them, but there are lots of bands in Melbourne and being old I don't get out as much...will ask around.
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete