Monday 23 March 2009

For son # 1 - Jacques Tati in 'School for Postmen'


Part 1

Part 2

Son # 1 used to love Jacques Tati as a wee feller.
Twice in my life people have said that my general (mis)demeanor reminded them of Tati.
The first time was in London in the 70's and the person who said this to me has since been knighted for services to the British Theatre. (He is a playwright.)
The second time was here in Melbourne by a then co worker, who is now the musical director of 'Circus Oz'.
So you would imagine they both know what they are talking about.
I should be worried!
I am worried!
I am a klutz!

Thanx to the 'TWILIGHTZONE' for reminding me of these gems!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mona,
    thanks for adding the TwilightZone to your blogroll! I did the same with Exile and I'm happy you posted the Tati movie too. Very underrated but a great poet!

    Regards
    RYP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for reminding me of Monsieur T's genius. Hopefully in N Amsterdam my son is smiling when he sees these.
    Thanx also for adding myblogtoyrblog etc.
    As I said its been a while since I have been there so I will be trawling later.
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete