Thursday 11 December 2008

Copy of email sent to Blogger today


I have a blog
www.exileonmoanstreet.blogspot.com
I have received two DMCA takedown notifications
One dated December 4th http://exileonmoanstreet.blogspot.com/2008/11/mike-hart-passed-away-on-this-day-in.html
One dated November 11th http://exileonmoanstreet.blogspot.com/2008/11/ryan-adams-cardinology.html
In both cases the links were to music sourced from archive.org (Ryan Adams & Little Feat)
These are legal downloads and are therefore not in breach of copyright.
I have another question which is how many DMCA notifications do you get before the blog is pulled.
It seems obvious to me that The International Federation of Phonographic Industry do not actually check to see what is there.
I hope to hear back from you
Regards/

Well let's wait and see what happens.
I am pretty certain that if I receive another DMCA notification then this blog will disappear,
in which case I will return with another blog:

(son of) exile on moan street

No comments:

Post a Comment